The Chief Constable of Greater Manchester Police is looking to recruit a high performing, resilient, Detective Superintendent or suitably experienced Chief Inspector seeking promotion to Detective Superintendent for the position of Child Protection Lead.
WHY GREATER MANCHESTER?
Greater Manchester is one of the largest and most diverse Policing areas within England and Wales covering an area of nearly 500 square miles. It is home to approximately 2.8 million people, forming 1.2 million households. This makes Greater Manchester the second largest city region in the UK and home to almost 5% of the UK population.
The region is a mixture of rural and remote areas, with the two cities of Manchester and Salford surrounded by eight large metropolitan areas; Bolton, Bury Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport, Tameside, Trafford, and Wigan. It is also bordered by multiple other counties which makes it a great place to commute into.
Greater Manchester Police has been the most improved Police Force in England and Wales for the second year running and with a clear vision and pathway to become the best performing force across consistent years. We want you to be part of this exciting journey to achieve this outstanding level of service delivery to our communities.
The benefits of working for Greater Manchester Police include:
- Salary sacrifice scheme for the purchase of new electric cars.
- Cycle to work scheme
- GMP’s Sports & Social Club – members discounts
- GMP’s Sports & Social Club – Gym use
- Wellness programmes
- Employee discount – eligibility for Blue Light card
- Automatic enrolment into the Police Officer Pension Scheme
Applications are invited from Greater Manchester Police officers and officers seeking transfer from their current force.
Please note that we expect this to be a highly competitive selection process.
About the role
We will be looking for a leader who has recent and extensive experience in Child Protection at a senior level in policing.
The role is looking for someone who is ready to join GMP as we continue on our path to deliver outstanding child protection services in Greater Manchester. The role will be working to the Chief Superintendent of the Public Protection Division in the Crime Directorate, which reports into the Assistant Chief Constable who has responsibility for Crime, Protecting Vulnerable People, Intelligence & Forensics.
This is a thematic role although the successful candidate will be expected to work across the force ensuring our child protection arrangements at operational level are of the highest standards by:
- Overseeing all child protection processes within GMP
- Undertake regular quality assurance checks to maintain standards of child protection investigations.
- Develop, implement, and manage all policies and procedures in relation to child protection.
- Develop and maintain positive, collaborative, working relationships with peers, Police Commanders, and partner agencies across Greater Manchester.
- Oversee and monitor the timely and accurate provision of management information, key performance data and statistics, as required, to inform decision making within the Force.
- Coordinate the recommendations from statutory reviews of GMP’s child protection operational activities, developing relevant action plans and overseeing the implementation of the recommendations.
- Monitor areas for development in relation to GMP’s delivery of child protection and ensure our training offer is agile to respond.
Successful candidates will support us on our journey of continued improvement and will play key roles in shaping the future of our organisation, building on existing strengths to reduce demand, improve performance and deliver positive outcomes.
The successful candidate will hold the highest level of credibility and experience and will be required to have a general policing overview of all other force priorities including:
- Have a sound, all-round operational footprint with evidence of exceptional operational delivery.
- Be able to connect with officers, staff, and key stakeholders at all levels to effectively deliver excellent and high-quality policing to the people of Greater Manchester.
- Demonstrate substantial evidence of their ability to drive, improve and deliver performance outcomes at a strategic level.
- Be innovative and creative in their approach with experience of delivering successful large-scale change.
- Be committed and passionate about the service provided to the public of Greater Manchester.
Have achieved the rank of Superintendent or be a suitably experienced Chief Inspector with the support of your line manager.
Be in a current PDR (Professional Development Review) cycle (or force equivalent)
Pass the required vetting and medical checks prior to appointment.
If you have the skills and experience required and are interested in developing your career in a police force that is committed to recognising and valuing its workforce and providing high levels of job satisfaction, complete the attached application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
no later than 1200hrs on the 29th February 2024
External candidates should also click on ‘Apply’ below to register with GMP Recruitment.
Applications will be subject to paper sift and the top performing candidates will be invited to attend FHQ for an interview board, including presentation, on Friday 15th March 2024.
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Workforce Development at email@example.com
Apply Here on the Greater Manchester Police website >>